With the holidays coming up, try adding a fun, nutritious side dish! With a little sweetness and a touch of earthiness, this fall medley will be a great change-up for your dinner spread.
- 3 cup brussels sprouts halved
- 4 cup butternut squash cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds roasted in shell
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Wash your hands and clean your countertops. Rinse produce under cool running water before slicing. Preheat your oven to 400*F.
- First, spread walnuts on a baking sheet. Place in oven to toast for 2 minutes. Check regularly to prevent burning. Set walnuts aside to later add toasted walnuts to vegetables.
- For the veggies, combine halved brussels sprouts and cubed butternut squash with olive oil, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Mix ingredients to evenly coat vegetables.
- Spread vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet. Tip: By placing the brussels sprouts cut side down, they will reach the desired caramelization.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Stir once after 10 minutes of roasting.
- Assemble the ingredients. Toss walnuts, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds with vegetables. Serve immediately.