- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low or no salt crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the onion for several minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked meat, tomatoes, chicken broth, salsa and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve hot or refrigerate leftovers in shallow containers.
- *Optional: garnish with reduced-fat cheese and avocado slices.