- 1 lb venison (back strap or round) can substitute with beef
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup steamed brown rice
- 1/4 cup lower sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup baby corn
- Cut venison into small strips and marinate in teriyaki for an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place olive oil in a medium to large skillet on medium heat.
- Brown venison in skillet, cover and stir occasionally
- After venison has browned, add the carrots, asparagus, onion, baby corn, and mushrooms
- Then add the soy and crushed red pepper to the mixture
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Calories 170, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.5g 7%, Saturated Fat 1g 5%, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 65mg 22%, Sodium 550mg 23%, Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%, Sugars 3g, Protein 20g, Vitamin A 30%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 15%