Do you dislike peeling potatoes? Do you wish that there was a way to easily peel potatoes? We have a simple trick that will make the process a lot easier and faster so you can move on with the rest of your cooking!
- Cut a thin line around the circumference of the potato just deep enough to pierce the skin.
- Boil the potatoes as you normally would.
- Fill a bowl with ice-cold water and transfer the potatoes into it when they are done boiling.
- Simply pull off the skins and they’ll come right off your potatoes!
Now that you can easily peel more potatoes, try your hand at one of our recipes! Here are some recipes that feature potatoes:
- Baked Potato Soup
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Leek and Potato Frittata
- Lemon Thyme Braised Chicken
- Oven Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Pepperoni Frittata
- Roasted Fries
- Slowcooker Baked Potatoes
- Southwest Egg Muffins
- Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Veggie Tots
Smart Starch Food Safety
Potatoes are among some of the most common leftover food items, especially during the holiday season. Be sure you’re storing and reheating all of your leftovers safely before reserving them for friends and family. For more information on why potatoes pose a food safety concern and how to properly handle them.
Learn more about the nutritional value of potatoes here.