- 1 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped, red bell pepper
- 1 15 ounce can unsalted black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- In a mixing bowl, stir together rice, onion, red or green pepper, and beans.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add vinegar, dry mustard, garlic, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Shake until dressing is evenly mixed.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to mix evenly. Chill for at least one hour. Serve cold as a side dish or main dish.