This cabbage & meatball recipe is going to be a new family favorite! It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory that everyone will love, and it is so simple to make!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 2 15 oounce cans tomato sauce low sodium
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounce cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 giner snap cookies crushed
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and black pepper. Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- Place 1/2 of shredded cabbage in a large pot, add meatballs. Spoon cranberry sauce over the meatballs and add remaining cabbage
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Pour over meatball/cabbage mixture.
- Simmer uncovered, 20 minutes. Stir gently being careful not to break up meatballs. Add the lemon juice and cookie crumbs. Simmer another 10-15 minutes until meatballs are completely cooked.