This healthy version of an Italian classic is as delicious as it is easy to make. Stick this in the slow cooker and come home to a delicious meal with minimal effort.
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes unsalted and undrained
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste unsalted
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 4 ounce package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb blend no sodium added
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 cups penne pasta cooked
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese grated or shredded
- Mix tomatoes and tomato paste in slow cooker until well blended. Stir in vegetables and add Italian seasoning.
- Cut mean into 8 pieces. Add to slow cooker; cover with lid. Cook low 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. When meat is cooked, transfer to plate reserving sauce in slow cooker. Cover meat to keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until well blended. Add to sauce; stir. Cover an cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain pasta; spoon onto plate. Top with meat, sauce and cheese.