This yummy stew is packed with ingredients like kale, beans, and sausage to make it as flavorful as it is filling! Bonus, its a one-pot dish to make cleaning up a snap!
- 12 ounces lean turkey Italian sausage
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato peeled & cubed
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce unsalted white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat.
- Add Italian sausage and onion to pan, and cook until sausage browns, stirring to crumble. Drain sausage and return to pan.
- Stir in potatoes, beans, garlic, and chicken stock; bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in chopped kale and rosemary, and cook for 4 minutes until kale wilts, stirring occasionally. Serve soup in 4–6 bowls, serving with parmesan cheese.