This easy and fresh recipe for Lemon-Blueberry Salad, which features spinach, kale, and blueberries, is the perfect quick side dish for those busy back-to-school nights.
It includes a bright and flavorful, “make-your-own-dressing” and includes a healthful variety of fruits and vegetables. It’s easy and simple that you can make it any night of the week, and delicious enough for weekend entertaining.
- 6 cups mixed greens (spinach, kale, and lettuce) pre-washed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries washed
- 6 tablespoons goat cheese crumbled
- Wash your hands and clean your food preparation area.
- Wash all produce and fruits before preparing the salad.
- Place the mixed greens in a bowl. (If you don’t have mixed greens, use what greens you have on hand.)
- Toss with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and blueberries.
- Divide among 6 servings and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.