- 1 pound extra lean ground beef 3% fat, 97% lean
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced fat cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Brown ground beef, onion, and bell pepper in skillet.
- Drain meat.
- Heat cooked rice, meat mixture, corn, and salsa in skillet for 10 to 15 minutes. (Add water as needed to prevent the rice from sticking).
- Add cheese and heat until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).