Stove Top Green Enchiladas is perfect for those evenings when you’re short on time but want to prepare a healthy meal for your family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups diced green chilies
- 2 cups reduced-fat unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded, skinless chicken breast 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 corn tortillas 6 inch
- 1 cup reduced-fat extra-sharp finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Sauté the chopped onion in the oil.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chilies, chicken broth, chicken and garlic powder.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch into about 1/4 cup of cold water until all the lumps are gone.
- Add to the chile and chicken mixture.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Tear the tortillas into strips and divide in- to thirds.
- Add them to the pan and cook until they are hot, stirring with a spoon from time to time.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas.
- Cover the pan and cook until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.