Looking for a use for your tomato harvest? Try our Tomato Crisp recipe!!
Dehydrate these for a fantastic crunchy snack or bake them off and serve as a side dish! These will leave you wanting to make more!
- 6 large tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into semi-thin slices, approx. 1/8 inch.
- Drizzle olive oil on tomato slices to coat.
- Place slices onto dehydrator shelves or a baking pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Carefully spoon out the mixture on top of each tomato slice.
- If baking, place the sheet in a 200-degree oven and check every 30 minutes until edges show some charring, could take 4-5 hours. To make as a side dish: bake for 25-30 minutes and enjoy.
- If you are dehydrating, depending on how thick the slices of tomato are, most machines could take anywhere from 12-24 hours.