Try this turkey and cranberry twist on the classic taco! Either you can brown some ground turkey or use turkey leftovers!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey (or turkey leftovers)
- 1 cups low fat Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 cups lettuce sliced thin
- 1 bunch cilantro for garnish
- 15 oz whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 apple seeded
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped and peeled
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a food processor add the cranberry sauce, apple, jalapeno, sugar, ginger, cilantro, and lemon juice. Blend well. Place in bowl for assembly.
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Place in bowl for assembly.
- Shred lettuce. Place in bowl for assembly.
- Place cheese in a bowl for assembly.
Assemble the Tacos
- On a corn tortilla place the turkey, then lettuce, then cranberry salsa, then cheese.
Turkey Tacos and Cranberry Salsa
Amount Per Serving
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 48mg 16%
Sodium 128mg 5%
Potassium 182mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 35g 12%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 20g 40%
Vitamin A 13%
Vitamin C 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.