Mushroom Rice is a hearty and delicious, easy-to-pull-together side dish that is hearty and delicious! For a full meal, serve as a side dish or top with seasoned ground beef or roasted chicken!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Medium Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Medium White Onion Diced
- 1 Teaspoon garlic clove Minced
- 8 Ounces Brown Mushroom Sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian herb blend Salt Free
- 2 Cups Dry Long Grain Brown Rice
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
Servings: 1/2 Cup Servings
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area, and rinse all vegetables before dicing.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Sautee celery, onion, garlic, and mushrooms until just beginning to soften.
- Add the Italian herb blend and rice, and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer and cover for between 30-45 minutes until rice is tender and broth is absorbed. Check your rice package directions for more exact time recommendations.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice up. Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes.