Wonder what to do that okra you’ve got growing? This is a simple roasted okra recipe to add to any meal.
- 1 pound okra fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Wash hands and clean preparation area. Rinse okra under cool running water to remove dirt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the tough stem end of okra pod off and then slice the okra pod in half lengthwise.
- Place the sliced okra pods in a bowl, pour olive oil on top and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle seasonings on the okra pods and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread seasoned okra pods in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on personal preference of vegetable doneness.