This salad is as nutritious as it is beautiful! Packed with the powerful nutrition of beets, butternut squash, and arugula this is the perfect lunch salad or dinner salad with some added protein like grilled steak or chicken! Elevate your next salad with this Beet & Butternut Squash Roasted Salad.
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 6 medium beets peeled and cubed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbled
Servings: 1.5 cup servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, spread the squash and beets in a single layer. Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes or until the squash and beets are soft.
- On a separate baking sheet, spread the chopped pecans and bake for 3-4 minutes or until fragrant. Take care not to burn.
- While the squash and beets are roasting in the oven, in a small saucepan begin to heat the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup together. Stir frequently and bring to a slight simmer to reduce.
- Fill a large bowl with the arugula, place the roasted squash and beets on top of the arugula, drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Top with the toasted pecans and goat cheese. Serve warm.