Have a designated day for taco night at your house? Put this Slow Cooker Street Taco recipe on while you’re out and about and have it ready for when everyone gets home in the evening.
- 6 limes divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder trimmed 12 white corn tortillas
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- Mix the juice of two limes, orange juice, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, ground cumin.
- Place juice mixture and pork butt in a large plastic freezer bag.
- Marinade for about two hours in the refrigerator.
- Place pork shoulder in a large slow cooker with the marinade.Barely cover the pork with water and let cook on medium until meat will shred easy with a fork about 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove meat; drain. Shred meat.
- Place in warmed tortillas, top with chopped onion and cilantro. Squeeze sliced lime on each taco.