Needing a healthy recipe for your busy family? Our Slow Cooker Three Cheese Lasagna is a delicious set it and forget it dish option that’s perfect for large families. Works just as well for meal prepping too!
- 1 pound lean ground beef cooked
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes unsalted
- 1 16 ounce can petite diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese unsalted
- 2 cups nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles uncooked
- cooking spray
Servings: 2/3 cup servings
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area. Wash the lid and rim area of the cans before opening.
- In a large pan, add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Once the beef is lightly browned, add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
- Next, add diced and crushed tomatoes, salt, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and water and stir together. Reduce heat after 5-10 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese, 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add the sauce mixture to the bottom of the slow cooker covering the entire bottom.
- Next, layer with noodles (noodles can be broken up to better fit the slow cooker) and top with a portion of the cheese mixture.
- Continue adding layers of sauce, pasta, and cheese mixture until finished. Finish with sauce on top and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese to top it off.
- Cook lasagna on low for 4-4.5 hours. Serve and enjoy!