If you’re looking for a crisp green tea for your next afternoon pick-me-up, look no further! This lightly caffeinated drink with bright flavors of blackberries is a great hot weather treat.
- 48 ounces water divided
- 6 bags green tea
- 1 cup Blackberries crushed
- 1.5 Tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- Juice of 2 limes
Servings: 8 ounce servings
- Clean your preparation area, and rinse fresh herbs and fruits before cutting.
- In a saucepan, bring 20 ounces of water to boil then remove from heat. Let tea bags steep for about 4 minutes or until desired strength.
- Pour into a pitcher and add honey, remaining 28 ounces of water, blackberries, basil, and lime juice.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Serve over ice with blackberries and basil leaves from the pitcher as garnish.
Vitamin C = 11.68 mg or 12.9% Daily Value
Green Tea caffeine = 30-50 mg per serving