Autumn is so close we can almost taste it! With the first day of fall just a few days away, you are probably craving something warm and tasty for the season. This Savory Zucchini Chowder is sure to satisfy your cravings!
- olive oil spray
- 4 slices low sodium turkey bacon
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 cups russet potato with skin, diced
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 4 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup zucchini with skin, diced
- 1 cup yellow squash with skin, diced
- 2 cups unsalted sweet yellow corn drained
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley minced for garnish
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Lightly coat the bottom of a pot with olive oil spray.
- Add the turkey bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Once the bacon has cooled, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and salt to the pot. Stir occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Add potatoes, thyme, and broth to the pot. Stir and cover. Bring to a slight boil, then let simmer for about 8 minutes or until the potatoes are partly tender.
- Add in the zucchini, corn, and remaining salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until all vegetables are fork-tender.
- Transfer two cups of the soup into a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot.
- Add the bacon and milk. Simmer until just heated through.
- Garnish with minced fresh parsley.