Create a heartier breakfast using pantry staples like cornmeal. Our Apple Cinnamon Cornmeal Pancakes are sure to keep your family full and satisfied until lunch.
- 1 Cup apple shredded with peel
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs powdered sugar
Servings: 2 Pancakes
- Wash hands and clean cooking area.
- Shred apple using a grater and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (flour, yellow cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (unsweetened applesauce, skim milk, and eggs) and shredded apple to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined.
- Heat cooking skillet to medium-high heat and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/10th (approximately ¼ cup) of mix onto the skillet to create a pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear and cover the top of the pancake. Flip and cook another minute.
- Continue until the batter has made approximately ten pancakes.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and enjoy!