Start pasta week off with pasta made from potatoes! This Skillet Gnocchi recipe is sure to be hit with the entire family!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces shelf stable gnocchi
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups spinach chopped
- 15 ounce diced tomatoes unsalted
- 15 ounce unsalted white kidney beans drained, and rinsed
- 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Clean preparation area, wash hands
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until it is plumped and starting to brown; about 5-7 minutes. Place cooked gnocchi in a large bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil and onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cook until onion is cooked.
- Add spinach and cook by stirring until spinach begins to wilt
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and simmer. Add gnocchi and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Cook until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling; about 3 minutes.