This Chocolate Banana “Ice Cream” is a sweet treat to break the summer heat! This recipe can be used for dessert or even a midday snack for those kiddos with a sweet tooth! Bonus – it features a secret ingredient that picky eaters won’t be able to detect.
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area.
- Peel and slice the bananas into chunks, place them in a sealable container and freeze them for at least 2 hours.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, place the frozen bananas, spinach, cocoa powder, and sugar. Process until very smooth - between 3-5 minutes.
- Place the processed "ice cream" in a loaf pan or similar container. Cover and freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
- Serve the chocolate banana ice cream and enjoy! Top with family favorites* such as chocolate chips, chopped pecans or coconut flakes.
*nutritional analysis does not include any toppings