It’s time to think beyond kale smoothies and matcha lattes. Here’s a new way to eat your greens, and it’s easy to make!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon matcha
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium- low heat. Add minced garlic and cook until softened, but not browned, only for a couple of minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, in a small separate bowl, whisk matcha with hot water until dissolved and set aside for later.
- Then add frozen peas to large saucepan, let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in spinach, parsley, green onion, lime juice, salt, and matcha water. Blend smooth with any of our methods to puree soup.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and top with sour cream and garnish with parsley.
*Adapted from Shape Magazine