This Skillet Noodle Pie will quickly become a new family favorite. It has all the traditional flavors of a pot pie but comes together in a fraction of the time.
- 10 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound chicken breast diced and cooked (about 2 cups)
Servings: 1 1/2 cup servings
- Start a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add flour until combined and then add 1 cup of water, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and black pepper
- Once combined add milk and cream cheese. Stir to combine
- Add mixed vegetables and cooked chicken, and stir to combine
- Last add pasta to the chicken and vegetable mixture. Once everything is combined and hot it is ready to serve.