Have you had aguas frescas before? Aguas frescas or “fresh waters” are a light refreshing beverage made from blended ripe fruit usually with sugar and water. The Cucumber and Lime aguas frescas is a light beverage to help hydrate and add more flavor than your usual infused water. The great thing about this recipe…NO SUGAR only natural freshness!
- Combine cucumbers with 3 cups of water in blender untill liquefied.
- Using a strainer over the mouth of a 2 quart pitcher, pour half of cucumber mixture slowly to strain the liquid.
- Add the wedges of a lime to the other half of cucumber mixture in blender. Blend together for a few seconds untill chopped up into medium pieces. **Note: Blending the lime longer or into smaller pieces may give a bitter taste.
- Pour the remaining mixture over strainer.
- Add 2 cups of water and ice into the pitcher and stir well.
- Serve or store in refrigerator up to 2 days.