With hints of orange and the tang of cranberries this baked oatmeal is perfect for breakfast or even a late-afternoon snack. This baked oatmeal is great for meal prepping for the next week. Cut it up into single servings so it’s grab-and-go ready.
- ¾ Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1/2 Cup 100% orange juice
- ½ Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 cups rolled “old fashion” oats
- 1/4 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x9 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk applesauce, egg whites, and brown sugar until combined.
- To the mixture add orange zest, orange juice, almond milk, vanilla extract, and chia seeds. Mix until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl add rolled oats, baking soda, dried cranberries, and pecans. Stir until mixed.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dried oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Serve warm or once cooled cut into to 12 pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.