Tacos are a favorite food staple in Texas, and this Shrimp Taco recipe is a great and easy twist for a quick summer dinner. The cooked shrimp is a great way to include seafood in your diet, while the Southwestern Watermelon Salsa provides a flavorful, refreshing, and low sodium alternative to traditional salsa. You can use whole wheat tortillas to include more whole grains to your meal.
Italian Shrimp Fettucini
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccini noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic unsalted
- 1/2 cup half and half fat free
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and shrimp in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir in tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend in half and half and green onions; heat through (do not boil).
- Serve over hot pasta.