This Butternut Squash Stew is the perfect meal for a cold day! With vegetables, grains, and protein, all you need to do to make this meal complete is add a little dairy and a side of fruit!
- 3 cups butternut squash cubed
- 3 cups fresh kale chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans low sodium
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- Make sure your area is clean and ready for preparation.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours
- Serve stew with garnish of fresh thyme and enjoy!
- Add more vegetable broth and/or water to your stew until it is the consistency you desire.