Looking for a great way to cut calories, sodium, and still have a delicious meal? Check out this recipe for Garlic Lime Chicken!
Hearty Two Bean Minestrone Soup
The perfect soup to add a fresh salad and whole grain bread sticks to! So zesty and delicious, a family favorite, enjoy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup uncooked, whole wheat, small shell shaped pasta
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth reduced fat and reduced sodium
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans reduced sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans reduced sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian style stewed tomatoes unsalted, undrained
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, kale, or swiss chard (if desired), pasta and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bit size cubes
- 8 ounce baby spinach
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup no salt canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups couscous cooked, prefer whole wheat variety
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the Italian dressing to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook couscous according to package directions and place cooked couscous in a serving bowl.
- Top with the spinach, chicken, and tomato sauce mixture.