Warm up the holiday season with a sweet, spicy, veggie-packed soup that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Butternut Squash Soup will be your family’s new favorite recipe!
- 1 4 pound butternut squash rind and seeds removed, cubed
- 2 cups red bell pepper remove seeds and chop into wedges
- 2 cups sweet potatoes peeled peeled, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- 2 stalks stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 cup Plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
Servings: 1.5 cup servings
- Wash hands and sanitize preparation surfaces.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Prepare the vegetables as directed.
- On a large sheet pan add the butternut squash, bell pepper, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Mix vegetables, olive oil, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, melt butter.
- Once the butter is melted add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook until translucent.
- Add cumin, Italian seasoning, and cayenne, and cook another minute.
- Add the roasted vegetables and vegetable stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender until creamy. Add Greek yogurt and simmer for 10 minutes.