The real game-day MVP is a great versatile sauce or marinade. Chimichurri is the perfect mix of herbs and spices to liven up your tailgate or any night the grill is fired up!
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers deseeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup parsley Stems Removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves Stems Removed and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large zucchini cuthalf lengthwisestrips
- 1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
Servings: 1/2 zucchini servings
- Wash your hands and sanitize all surfaced
- Wash and prepare ingredients
- Combine the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce in a large bowl and set aside
- Prepare zucchini, slice into uniform strips so they grill evenly.
- Heat up grill and spray with oil
- Add sliced zucchini to your chimichurri sauce and mix well.
- Place zucchini on grill and cook until tender
- Remove from heat and top with parmesan cheese
- Serve and enjoy
Chimichurri sauce is a very versatile condiment: You can add it to beef, chicken, or pork. It can be incorporated into meatballs or used as a marinade for fajitas. It can also be utilized as a unique salad dressing.