If you need a dessert recipe to use your homemade pumpkin puree, this is the perfect recipe. These Chewy Pumpkin Cookies are easy and delicious!
Search Results for: pumpkin
Soft Pumpkin Spice Drops
Pumpkin desserts aren’t only for the fall months! This recipe for Soft Pumpkin Spice Drops is a great way to use that leftover can of pumpkin puree. These tasty cookies are also a great way to help keep Santa slim and for everyone to enjoy a healthier dessert this holiday season.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Let’s put those pumpkin carving leftovers to use with this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! Simply place all the ingredients in the pot, turn the cooker on 6-8 hours and let your house begin to smell like fall!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree see notes on how to make your own pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you have a programmable slow cooker, set it to cook on low for 7 hours and then switch to warm.
- After cooking, give the mixture a good stir as the oats will settle to the bottom. Portion into a bowl and serve.
- Optional: top with pecans, maple syrup and almond milk.
*Toppings are not calculated into the nutrition facts.
How to make your own pumpkin puree
Pumpkin Cheesecake No Bake
Oh, my Gourd! This No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is a great go-to for an easy pumpkin dessert.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs Plain
- 2 Tablespoons butter Unsalted, Melted
- 8 ounces whipped topping Fat Free, Thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese Fat Free
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt Nonfat
- 1 ounce Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix Fat Free, Sugar Free
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Clean and prep baking area.
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Transfer buttered graham cracker crumbs into a pie dish or Springform baking pan and press them tightly into the bottom of the pan. Place pan into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- In a large bowl, add whipped topping, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt and mix until well-combined using a handheld mixer.
- Add the instant pudding mix to the bowl and mix until smooth. Add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and continue to mix until well-combined.
- Remove pie pan from refrigerator and place mixture on top of crust. Ensure the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Place pie in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- *Consistency of pie mixture will depend on time refrigerated or frozen*
- Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Transition into fall with this delicious and creamy pumpkin pasta! Hearty pasta paired with pumpkin and mushrooms is sure to give you that first taste of fall!
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped coarsely
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese cubed
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree
- teaspoon ½salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- teaspoon ½thyme
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Wash your hands and preparation area.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet heat up olive oil. Once heated add garlic and stir until aromatic. Add chopped mushrooms and stir until softened.
- Add milk and cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add pumpkin and spices and stir until well combined, heated through, and aromatic.
- Add pasta and stir until pasta is coated. Serve immediately.