Eat heart-healthy with our certified Heart-Check recipes!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced fat, grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add orzo pasta, cook fro 8-10 minutes,until all dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a skilled over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and red pepper 1 minutes, until garlic is golden brown.
- Stir in chicken and cook 2 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned and juices run clear.
- Reduce heat to medium, and mix in the parsley and cooked orzo.
- Plain spinach in the skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.