By replacing the sugar and oil with a mashed banana, this recipe is still sweet and packed full of protein and vitamins. [Read more…] about Microwave Breakfast Cake
Soba Noodle and Snap Pea Salad
Here’s a healthy and delicious meal that can be made in a snap! This recipe makes a simple Asian side dish or easy, hearty meal that can be served hot or cold. Here’s a tip, shallots are preferred in this recipe over onions due to their lighter flavor.
- 8 oz soba noodles
- 2 cups sugar snap peas cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 2 tsp shallots minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (you can substitute white vinegar)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for 4 minutes. In the last 30 seconds of cooking, add the snap peas. Drain and then rinse the noodle and pea mixture in cool water.
- Place the noodles and peas in a large bowl and add the carrots,cabbage, pepper and shallots.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the the dressing and pour over salad. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Recipe adapted from Diabetes Forecast Magazine
Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
These easy cheesy enchiladas are going to be a hit on your dinner table! They are so simple to whip up and the perfect way to use leftover chicken!
Ingredient for Enchiladas
- 1 - 4 ounce package nonfat cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 12 ounces chunky salsa mild
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese reduced fat
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cups plain yogurt nonfat
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat cream cheese in large skillet over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in chicken and ½ cup of the salsa; mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese; stir until melted.
- Spoon enchilada filling onto each tortilla; roll up.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake at 350̊ F for about 15 minutes, or until heated through and through.
- Serve with yogurt sauce.