Try this version of Mexican Lasagna for dinner tonight for a dish full of flavor! It’s a simple go-to family meal everyone will love!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 8 ounce package fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Wash your hands and clean your preparation area. Rinse fresh vegetables under cool running water before slicing. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey, onion, and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cream cheese and chili powder. Pour enchilada sauce in a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat.
- Place two tortillas in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.