Mexican Chicken Soup is a tasty twist on classic chicken soup. This easy and flavorful soup is sure to warm you up and the end of a long day.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 limes
- 4 14 ounce reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds chicken breast cooked, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Cut limes in half and squeeze lime juice directly into the vegetable mixture; tomatoes, and chicken broth to soup.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, Cilantro, Jalapeño, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until thoroughly heated; about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.