This simple and easy lunch recipe, hummus and veggie wrap is sure to satisfy any member of the family for a healthy lunch. Keep this recipe on hand for easy lunches!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 whole red onion sliced thin
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 3 canned artichoke hearts sliced
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbles
Servings: half wraps
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the red onions and cook slowly for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and deep golden brown. Set aside and cool.
- Warm the tortillas on a grill pan or griddle over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Divide hummus and spread down the middle of each tortilla. Arrange the cooked onion slices and sliced red peppers over the hummus.
- Add the sliced artichoke hearts.
- Toss the salad greens with the balsamic dressing, then add to the wrap.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over the greens. Tuck one side of the wrap and roll tightly to secure.