The Super Bowl is a great time to be with friends and family. No matter what team you are cheering for! Whether you come for the food, commercials, or the game; trying to navigate the snacks or food table at a party can seem a little intimidating if you are trying to follow a healthy eating pattern. Here are 5 tips to help you win on Sunday!
- Bring something healthy to the party
- Super Bowl parties are full of different size portions and types of snacks. It can be hard knowing which option might be a healthy pick. Try preparing and bringing your own healthy snack. Our Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas make a great party snack.
- Count your mini snacks
- Mini sized snacks are great as pre-portioned versions of their larger counterparts. However stacking up on mini portions doesn’t mean mini calories. Follow tip 3 below on how to make your plate a healthy win!
- Pick the right plate
- The table is set, the food is out, and the plates are large! When filling your plate for a snack, choose a smaller plate like a salad plate. Remember to make your plate just like MyPlate.
- Vary the foods you choose
- Try not to fill your plate with one snack. Just as with any meal, be sure to choose a variety of nutrient-dense foods across all food groups. A healthy plate includes fruits, vegetables, lean protein, low-fat dairy, and whole grains.
- Stay hydrated with water or unsweetened beverages
- Try to lessen the amount of sweetened beverages you choose. Opt for unsweetened tea or make your refills water.
This easy quesadilla with cheese, black olives, and mushrooms is such an easy fix for hungry kids or adults to satisfy those cravings, while still getting some veggies in!
Looking to make healthier quesadillas? Check out our black bean and spinach quesadillas recipe that is perfect for a quick dinner or lunch!