1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. Preheat saute pan to medium heat on the stove top.
2. Combine sweet potatoes and olive oil in the pan and saute until potatoes are bright and tender.
3. Add Rosemary to the pan and continue stirring.
4. Add garlic and onion, and cook until soft and aromatic.
Nutritional facts per serving: 140 calories, 4.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 65mg sodium, 24g total carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 2g protein, and 320% vitamin A. Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
2. In a saute pan, cook bacon on medium to high heat until slightly crisp.
3. Add garlic and fresh green beans to pan. Saute until the beans are tender.
4. Season with black pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition facts per serving: 80 calories, 4g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0g fat, 85mg sodium, 9g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 4g sugars, 3g protein, 20% vitamin A, and 25% vitamin C. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet.
1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking are. Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add quail to marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Combine all the fresh salad ingredients in a medium bowl; refrigerate.
3. On medium-high heat, grill quail for 1-2 minutes per side; let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the fresh salad on a plate. Drizzle the dressing ingredients on top of the fresh salad.
5. Place grilled quail on top of or next to the fresh salad and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 300 calories, 19g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 160mg sodium, 15g total carbohydrate, 6g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 19g protein, 110% vitamin A, 45% vitamin C, 10% calcium, and 20% iron. Perfect Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil on high heat. Add pork and sear on all sides. Continue cooking pork until internal temperature reaches at least 160 ° F.
Add onions, peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin, and black pepper. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Add chicken broth. When he broth starts to boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in hominy and green chilies; cook until pork meat is tender and stew thickens, about 30 more minutes.
Serve soup hot, with garnishes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 150 Calories, 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 200mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 9g protein, and 10% vitamin A. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet.
1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area. Combine all measured marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add dove breasts to the marinade; turn breasts to distribute marinade evenly.
3. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Grill dove over a medium-high heat flame for 4-6 minutes. Serve on a bed of greens and dip in your favorite side sauce.
Nutritional facts per serving : 170 Calories, 12g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg sodium, 2g total carbohydrate,0g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 14g protein, and 20% iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.