Sorghum is a whole grain high in protein and antioxidants. It truly is the “star” of this recipe. Enjoy the sorghum fried rice as a 1 skillet meal or with your favorite chicken, beef, or shrimp.
- 2 cups sorghum grain cooked**
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green onion tops chopped
Servings: 1/2 cup servings
- Heat large skillet or wok to medium heat and pour sesame oil. Add onion and thawed peas and carrots, fry until tender.
- Slide the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs on the other. Use a spatula to scramble and cook eggs. Once eggs are cooked, combine with vegetables.
- Add and stir in the cooked sorghum grain to the skillet. Pour soy sauce over evenly and stir until well heated. Top mixture with green onion.
- **use cold sorghum grain to prevent mushy texture.
- -Prepare grain the day before or defrost grain stored in the freezer.