This tart and a little spicy lemonade is a great way to quench that summer thirst! Perfect for those who find standard lemonade a little too sweet but still want flavor!
- 1/2 cup ginger root peeled and roughly chopped
- 40 ounces water divided
- 2.5 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces lemon juice
- Clean your preparation area and rinse ginger root under cool running water. Slice off any dried-out pieces from the ginger root.
- In a saucepan, simmer 20 ounces of water with the ginger root and sugar for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat to begin to cool.
- In a pitcher place the cooling ginger water, and add in the remaining 20 ounces of room temperature water and lemon juice. Add in extra ginger slices for garnish.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Serve over ice. Add ginger or lemons for garnish as desired.
Vitamin C = 17.9% DV