[Read more…] about Bethany’s Skillet Chicken and Rice Casserole
Beef Italian Pasta
This recipe is a delightful Italian dish, full of flavor with a delicious meat sauce. This penne pasta dish is a perfect, budget friendly, week night meal that the family will love! Bon Appetit!
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium, reduced fat, beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzerella cheese reduced fat
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach has turned dark green.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Lemon Butter Fish
You are in for a special treat! We found the FIRST Dinner Tonight video and thought it was appropriate for today’s “Throwback Thursday.” Dana Tarter was a Family and Consumer Sciences AgriLife Extension agent in Tarrant County when she was the first star of Dinner Tonight. The program has grown tremendously since this video and we are excited for what is to come. Don’t forget to try Lemon Butter Fish for dinner tonight. Enjoy! [Read more…] about Lemon Butter Fish
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole is your new go to dinner! This kid friendly dinner is quick and easy to make and even quicker to disappear!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 ounce can Marinara Sauce
- cooking spray
- 10 ounce refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- Wash hands, clean surface and pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brown lean ground beef in a pan over medium heat.
- Add marinara sauce to cooked, browned meat. Cook together and let simmer.
- Spray 9 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll refrigerated package of pizza crust, pat well and smooth out up to the sides.
- Sprinkle ½ of mozzarella cheese on crust and cover with all of the meat sauce.
- Top with spinach, bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with remainder of cheese and return to oven till melted.