Summer Veggies with Bow-Tie Pasta
- 2 yellow crook-neck squash sliced
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 12 baby carrots sliced
- 1/2 head red/purple cabbage chopped, about 2.5 cups
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) box Farfalle pasta bowtie (whole- wheat)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- In skillet, put all vegetables with sprays of butter.
- Place lid on vegetables and cook until tender.
- In sauce pan, prepare pasta as directed on box.
- Drain pasta, and toss with cooked vegetables.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese
Corn Stuffed Pork Chops
If you are not a fan of pork chops, you can filet a chicken breast and use the same stuffing recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen, thaw if frozen
- 1 cup chicken stuffing mix low sodium
- 2 tbsp canned, diced pimentos
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 4 ounce extra lean pork chops
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, cumin, and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by making a horizontal slice almost to the bone; fill with stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
Swiss Steak Deluxe
- 1.5 lb round steak trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz package fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 8 oz reduced sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14.5 oz tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 .87 oz package brown gravy mix
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, combine steak, mushrooms, onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients. Pour over steak mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or 4-5 hours.
- Serve on a bed of wild or brown rice.